By Terry Meadows
You have just completed your tour at Zion Springs, and you might find yourself asking two pivotal questions: "What happens now?" and "How does all this work?"
Fear not, because you're not alone in wondering about the mysterious terrain of choosing a wedding venue. In this article, we'll take you through the post-tour phase of wedding planning, shedding light on what to expect and how to make the most of this journey. We understand that you want your wedding day to be perfect, and that's why we're here to guide you every step of the way. So, take a deep breath, relax, and let us take the reins of the stressful world of wedding planning. We're committed to ensuring that your path to wedded bliss is as smooth as possible, and we're thrilled to be a part of this exciting adventure with you.
What is the next step after the tour?
We are going to address two outcomes after the tour with different circumstances; the first looks at couples who haven’t signed a reservation agreement because they need to discuss financials with a parent or family member or they are still looking at other venues. The second outcome is what happens after you sign a reservation agreement with Zion Springs.
No reservation agreement signed
It might be in your best interest to sign a reservation agreement and pay your deposit because you have a 72-hour window to change your mind with a full refund. By signing the reservation agreement after the tour, you can be assured that you lock in your wedding date.
- You receive an email that has a link to your budget estimate that was reviewed at the end of your tour. You can use the budget estimator to adjust the number of guests and select or deselect options. This gives you an idea of a budget at different levels depending on your selections.
- We send you a follow-up email to check that you received the link and address any questions you might have at this stage. Should you decide to move forward, you will receive an email that includes the wedding agreement with your wedding date and the security deposit instructions
- You pay the security deposit and fill out the online agreement form, and approve the budget estimate.
- From here, you are contacted by our event director, who will work directly with you to plan each step of your wedding.
Reservation agreement signed
If you are confident and comfortable that Zion Springs is the perfect venue to celebrate your wedding, you sign the reservation agreement and start your exciting journey to your wedding day.
- At the end of the tour, you place your security deposit by entering your bank information and paying via ACH. You complete the wedding agreement.
- You receive the budget estimate link via email, where you can adjust the number of guests and which options you select until you feel comfortable with your budget.
- We send you an email for you to schedule your kick-off call with our event director, who works directly with you to plan each step of your wedding.
Step 2 after your tour with Zion Springs wedding venue - Wedding Planning
And so the wedding planning begins!
- On the kick-off call, our event director sends you a link to the Smartsheet that becomes the checklist, journal, notebook, and bible of your wedding plans. You have full access to the Smartsheet and enter information as you receive it or complete each step over the next months, such as guests’ names for invitations and RSVPs, the dinner menu, the invitation design, etc.
- One of the big first steps is the Best Day Ever map. This becomes the blueprint of your wedding day and what all your plans return to during the planning process. It answers the main questions of “What do you want to remember about your wedding?” and “What is important to you?” Our event director works closely with you to understand everything that you want for your wedding and brings it to fruition. Her full and complete understanding of your wishes and needs means that you can comfortably hand over the stressful side of wedding planning with the assurance that she will make it exactly what you want.
- Our event director sends you calendar invites for successive meetings with our directors of each department. All meetings except for the floral and decorations meeting can be virtual.
- Catering and beverages - select your reception menu and any other snacks and refreshments for your guests, such as cocktail hour hors d’oeuvres or late-night smores.
- Entertainment - choose your ceremony music, your reception playlist, and background music.
- Photographer and videographer - choose the most perfect backdrops for your wedding portraits and highlight meaningful moments during your celebrations.
- Florals and decoration - these are done in person as you make your choices from our wide selections based on the theme and vibe of your wedding.
You will work closely with our department directors, whose sole focus is making sure you get exactly what you are looking for. Because our directors are in-house, we have that communication shorthand and experience of working together as a team, which means your wedding is seamless. We take care of everything behind the scenes so that you can shine on your wedding day.
Planning the next steps of your wedding journey
Planning a wedding is an intricate dance, but you don't have to navigate it alone. Our commitment to you goes beyond just a contract; it's a promise to be your partner, your confidant, and your guiding hand through every step of this remarkable journey. We're here to alleviate the uncertainties that come with planning such a significant event and to make the process as seamless and enjoyable as possible.
From venue selection to floral arrangements, from catering decisions to choosing the perfect music, we've got your back. Our team is dedicated to ensuring that your wedding day unfolds just as you've envisioned it, full of love, joy, and unforgettable moments. We are honored to help you transform that dream into a beautiful reality.
If you are wondering what a truly all-inclusive wedding venue has to offer, our article on all-inclusive weddings gives you insights into what you can expect and how they can alleviate and reduce the stress of wedding planning. Or you might be interested in what a 12-month timeline looks like as you plan your next steps.